The art KARLSRUHE-Prize
Saturday, 23 February, 11.30 a.m., ARTIMA art Forum in the dm-arena
The jury annually selects and honours a gallery owner and an artist who jointly staged a One-Artist-Show. The prize money, which is made available by the State of Land Baden-Württemberg and the City of Karlsruhe, finances the purchase of artworks from the presentation shown at the fair.
After ten years of the art KARLSRUHE-Prize, the time was ripe to stage an unprecedented special exhibit at last year’s fair presenting some of the artworks that had been acquired during the preceding ten years. The purchased artworks became part of the art KARLSRUHE-Collection, which is housed at the Städtische Galerie [Municipal Gallery] in Karlsruhe.
Once again in 2019, art lovers excitedly await the announcement of the names of the gallery owner and the artist who staged the most convincing One-Artist-Show.
Previous prize winners
- 2018 Sarah McRae Morton Galerie Anja Knoess, Köln
- 2017 Neringa Vasiliauskaite Galerie Smudajescheck, München
- 2016 Werner Schmidt Galerie Wohlhüter, Leibertingen-Thalheim
- 2015 Alfonso Hüppi Galerie Reinhold Maas, Reutlingen
- 2014 Jessica Buhlmann Galerie Anja Rumig, Stuttgart
- 2013 Claude Wall Galerie Angelo Falzone, Mannheim
- 2012 Tatjana Doll Galerie Klaus Gerrit Friese, Stuttgart
- 2011 Jens Hanke Galerie Hunchentoot, Berlin
- 2010 Julius Grünewald Galerie Karlheinz Meyer, Karlsruhe
- 2009 Thomas Müller Galerie Michael Sturm, Stuttgart
- 2008 Reto Boller Galerie Mueller-Roth, Stuttgart
Prize Winner in 2018: Gallery Anja Knoess
The prize was awarded in 2018 to Gallery Anja Knoess from Cologne and the artist Sarah McRae Morton from the USA.